1) Providence Baptist Church of Kernersville, NC Providence Baptist Church, Kernersville, NC is seeking a Senior Pastor to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership. The Senior Pastor will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The Senior Pastor will preach, teach, and administer the Sacraments and give primary leadership in the ministries of Workshop, Stewardship, and Missionary/Outreach.
The Senior Pastor serves under the supervision of the Administrative Board.
Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Administrative Board, the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Senior Pastor:
To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the Sacraments in the congregation.
To plan and lead worship in conjunction with the deacons, the minister of music, the praise team and the choirs.
To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing home services, etc.
To work with the minister of music to develop and maintain a music program for all ages and to integrate music into
worship and other areas of the congregation.
To work with the Benevolence Committee to promote, educate, and advocate responsible biblical stewardship in the congregation.
To assist the Administrative Board and Trustees with financial matters of the congregation.
To oversee and promote congregational benevolence and mission through ongoing financial support and by meeting community needs as they arise.
To work with the Outreach/Administrative Board to implement ministries that reaches out to the unchurched, inactive and new residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To direct the assimilation of new members into the life of the congregation in conjunction with the deacons, and members of the congregation.
To encourage all organizations and ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
To provide pastoral care by assisting the Associate Pastor(s) and Deacons in conjunction with other ministries, and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
To make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
To assist the ministries in teaching children, youth, and adults in the Christian education program of the congregation.
Provides or recommends counseling services for the members of the church and community. These services may include marriage, grief and crisis counseling.
The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be accessible to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church leadership. Must attend continued professional education classes to enhance individual growth and development.
Pastoral Search Committee
Providence Baptist Church
319 Nelson Street
Kernersville, NC 27284
2) Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church of Walkertown, NC Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Walkertown, NC is seeking a Senior Pastor who has been called by God and is dedicated to winning souls for Christ. We have been established for over 115 years. We are a Missionary Baptist Church located in a rural community and have a membership of approximately 125 active members.
Our goal is to worship the Lord Our God in Spirit and in Truth according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, we wish to lead others to Christ, and to celebrate the sacraments including, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. It is our desire to serve mankind, to promote Christian growth, fellowship and unity within the church and community.
Licensed and Ordained Baptist Minister
We would like for the candidate to have or is actively seek a degree, preferable in divinity from an
accredited school or seminary.
We prefer that you have a least two or more years of pastoral experience and have the ability to
supervise all work of the church.
Our pastor should meet the guidelines that are given in 1st Timothy 3:1-7
The pastor must be licensed to preach, and ordained as a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He must be willing to follow the ordinances of Baptism and Communion, as well as the doctrines of the Baptist Church. He should be a person of good character. This includes, being humble, self-controlled, action and goal oriented, he must be loving, caring, trustworthy, approachable, long-suffering and kind. He must be a person of strong moral character, devoted to his family and persevere in God's work. The Pastor should lead by word and example. He must be a man of vision and be willing to guide the church to accomplish the work of Christ and the mission of the church.
Must be an effective Preacher and Teacher
Plan and conduct worship services
Must deliver biblically sound sermons that are inspirational, stimulating and spirit filled
Oversee and Guide the members of the church
Direct and supervise spiritual instruction of the congregation in all department of the church
Must be a strong supporter of Youth Ministries and Programs
Must provide Guidance and support for all the Ministries of the church
Visit the sick, shut-ins, bereaved families and the members of the church when needed
Must be an effective administrator
Must be an effective communicator and listener
Must be willing to be involved in the community
Must demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups of people
Is expected to perform other duties that pertain to the office of pastor (weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.)
All candidates must be licensed and ordained in the Baptist Church and seeking to lead the congregations as a visionary of God to further grow the church. Stated education and work experience will be verified. Criminal and Financial background checks will be required for candidates, as well as references or letters of recommendation.
All interested persons should submit cover letter, resume, degrees, certifications, licenses, a photo, a DVD or CD of a recent sermon. All resumes must be postmarked by Saturday, November 1, 2014.
OGMBC Pastoral Search Committee
Post Office Box 458
Walkertown, North Carolina 27051
Deacon Joe Caldwell, Jr. - Chairman
3) Cedar Grove Baptist Church of Mocksville, NC Cedar Grove Baptist Church, Mocksville, NC is seeking a Senior Pastor. We are seeking a pastor who has been called by God and dedicated in winning souls for Christ. We are a missionary Baptist church in a small rural community with approximately 100 members. Our mission is to worship God according to the teaching of Jesus Christ and to celebrate the sacraments, namely, Baptism and the Lord's Supper; to practice Christian fellowship and unity within the church universal; to render human service to mankind, and to strive for righteousness, peace and justice.
Licensed and ordained Baptist minister in good standings with affiliated religious organizations.
A minimum of an undergraduate degree and a master of divinity degree from a seminary.
A minimum of five years with demonstrated ability to counsel and supervise all work of the church.
The senior pastor must meet the guidelines outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7.
Direct and supervise religious instruction of the congregation in all departments of the church
Oversee, guide, and counsel the members
Visit the sick, shut-in, bereaved families, and general church membership when needed.
Effective communicator and listener
Deliver biblically sound, stimulating, inspirational and spirit filled sermons
Perform other duties that usually pertain to the office of pastor.
Send inquiries by October 31st 2014 to:
Pulpit Search Committee
287 Cedar Grove Church Road
Mocksville, NC 27028
4) Buncombe Baptist Church of Lexington, NC
Buncombe Baptist Church, Lexington, North Carolina is seeking a Senior Pastor. We are a well established, traditionally faith based Missionary Baptist church; rich in legacy and family/community values. We have a membership of approximately 150 members. The following is a description of the pastor we are seeking. The chief responsibility of the Senior Pastor is leading the church to accomplish the mission of loving God, loving others and making disciples.
Preferably a minimum of a master's degree in divinity from an accredited seminary.
Preference given to candidates with a minimum of 5 years work experience as a
Senior Pastor, however will consider less.
The senior pastor should meet the requirements listed for an overseer in
I Timothy 3:1-13 and I Peter 5:1-8.
The senior pastor must have a sound Christian vision and strive to unify the church body toward sharing and embracing that vision so that it will become a reality. The senior pastor must be licensed to preach, ordained as a minister of the gospel, and must be willing to follow the ordinances and doctrines of the Missionary Baptist church. Character qualities should include being: humble, self-controlled, joyful, action and goal oriented, caring, approachable, trustworthy, faithful, of ethical/strong moral character, willing to grow, devoted to his marriage/family and willing to persevere in God's work.
The senior pastor should lead by word and example guiding the church to accomplish the work of Christ and the mission of the church. The pastor must be capable of proclaiming God's Word, teaching, leading, equipping leaders, role modeling the church's mission, devoted to prayer, assuring care and mobilizing resources.
5) First Baptist Church of Graham, NC First Baptist Church located in Graham, North Carolina is seeking a Pastor called by God dedicated to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Pastor shall be guided by the principles set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7. The Pastor shall instruct the congregation in religious truth. All candidates must be licensed and ordained in the Baptist Church and seeking to lead the congregation as a visionary of God to further grow the church. Theological education and work experience shall be such as to provide with the ability to exercise intellectual and spiritual leadership for the congregation. All such education and work experience shall be verified.
All interested persons should submit cover letter, resume, 8 page application, degrees/certifications/ licenses, and a DVD of a recent sermon postmarked by October 31, 2013 to: