1) Buncombe Baptist Church of Lexington, NC
The Buncombe Baptist Church, Lexington, North Carolina is seeking a Senior Pastor. We are a well established, traditionally faith based Missionary Baptist church; rich in legacy and family/community values. We have a membership of approximately 150 members. The following is a description of the pastor we are seeking. The chief responsibility of the Senior Pastor is leading the church to accomplish the mission of loving God, loving others and making disciples.
- Preferably a minimum of a master's degree in divinity from an accredited seminary.
- Preference given to candidates with a minimum of 5 years work experience as a
Senior Pastor however will consider less.
- The senior pastor should meet the requirements listed for an overseer in I Timothy
3:1-13 and I Peter 5:1-8.
The senior pastor must have a sound Christian vision and strive to unify the church body toward sharing and embracing that vision so that it will become a reality. The senior pastor must be licensed to preach, ordained as a minister of the gospel, and must be willing to follow the ordinances and doctrines of the Missionary Baptist church. Character qualities should include being: humble, self-controlled, joyful, action and goal oriented, caring, approachable, trustworthy, faithful, of ethical/strong moral character, willing to grow, devoted to his marriage/family and willing to persevere in God's work.
The senior pastor should lead by word and example guiding the church to accomplish the work of Christ and the mission of the church. The pastor must be capable of proclaiming God's Word, teaching, leading, equipping leaders, role modeling the church's mission, devoted to prayer, assuring care and mobilizing resources.
Send inquiries by August 15, 2013 to:
Pastoral Search Committee
P.O. Box 1533
Lexington, North Carolina 27293
2) First Baptist Church of Graham, NC First Baptist Church located in Graham, North Carolina is seeking a Pastor called by God dedicated to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Pastor shall be guided by the principles set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7. The Pastor shall instruct the congregation in religious truth. All candidates must be licensed and ordained in the Baptist Church and seeking to lead the congregation as a visionary of God to further grow the church. Theological education and work experience shall be such as to provide with the ability to exercise intellectual and spiritual leadership for the congregation. All such education and work experience shall be verified.
Licensed and Ordained Baptist Minister
Bachelor's Degree in Theology, Divinity or Biblical Studies from an accredited institution
Pastoral experience (3 - 6 years significant related ministry experience which includes experience in
church administration (e.g. Assistant Pastor, Senior Pastor, Associate Minister, Ministerial Leader)
Candidate's personal character and financial standing must be above reproach
Demonstrated ability to deliver biblically sound (stimulating, inspirational, spirit filled) sermons
Serve as a spiritual leader for the congregation
Provide guidance and support for all ministries of the church
Effective Preacher & Teacher
Effective Communicator and Listener
Plan and conduct worship service
Officiate weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.
Lead in administering the Holy ordinances of Baptism and Communion
Provide pastoral ministry to those experiencing illness, bereavement or other conditions
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
Support and Commit to the First Baptist Church Covenant, By-Laws, and Mission Statement
Able to collaborate with the deacons, trustees, officers and others to administer church business
Strong supporter of Youth Ministries/Programs
A love for the congregation's spiritual care and welfare
Scheduled weekly office hours to meet with parishioners
Perform other duties as may be required
All interested persons should submit cover letter, resume, 8 page application, degrees/certifications/ licenses, and a DVD of a recent sermon postmarked by October 31, 2013 to:
First Baptist Church
Attn. Pastoral Search Committee; Deacon Foriest; Chair
PO Box 191
Graham, NC 27253